We are Anne and Tony Sutherland-Smith from Australia, travel bloggers at Pretraveller. We loved visiting Japan as a family, and we subsequently decided to start writing articles to help other plan their trips to Japan. We have also set up the Japan Travel Planning Facebook Group which has grown quickly – and is a great way to help people plan their trips!
We look forward to helping you plan your visit to Japan. We’ll help you visit all of the sights and have a great time!
Please subscribe below to join both our Facebook group and email list 🙂
Anne and Tony.
Join the Japan Travel Planning Facebook Group
You are also welcome to join our Japan Travel Planning Facebook Group – it is a great resource to enable you to ask questions about your upcoming trip to Japan!
Disclaimer: This website contains affiliate links. If you book after clicking on one of these links then we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Challenges Travelling in Japan
Even with being experienced travellers and all of the research we had done for our first visit we were still caught out by many aspects of travelling in Japan.
We personally had issues with:
- Learning how to use the public transport system (lesson learned – choose an easy transport option when you first arrive!)
- Making the grave mistake of not pre-purchasing our tickets and Express Passes for Universal Studios Japan – and as a result while we still had fun we definitely regretted not realising that Express Passes existed – by the time we learned about them they were already sold out 🙁
We also managed to do some things right!
- Our decision to get off the beaten tourist track and visit the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, Nagano and the snow monkeys near Shibu Onsen was a fantastic decision – we managed to get away from the crowds.
- We really loved seeing the sumo wrestling and baseball while in Tokyo
- And many more great experiences, big and small!
We subsequently decided to start writing articles to help other people plan their trips to Japan as well as setting up the Japan Travel Planning Facebook Group which has grown immensely since it was initiated – and is a great way to help people plan their trips. And we have now done multiple trips to Japan, so are well positioned to help people plan their trips to Japan!
We also decided to set up a new dedicated website (this one!) – Japan Travel Planning – to help people to travel to Japan.
Japan Travel Planning Email List
We have also set up an email list to help people travel to Japan – subscribe below to receive our fortnightly newsletter which includes travel planning information for Japan, latest deals as well as a selection of the most popular articles from the Facebook Group. You can also receive additional emails to help you plan your trip to Japan, as well as our pre-departure checklist to ensure you are ready to depart!
Don’t forget to join the Japan Travel Planning Facebook Group!