Welcome to the Japan Travel Planning website and blog!
We are Anne and Tony Sutherland-Smith from Australia, who are also travel bloggers at Pretraveller. We have now done multiple family trips to Japan with our three children and had a lovely time. But even with being experienced travellers and all of the research we had done we were still caught out on our first visit by many aspects of travelling in Japan.
We personally had issues with:
- Learning how to use the public transport system (lesson learned – choose an easy transport option when you first arrive!)
- Making the grave mistake of not pre-purchasing our tickets and Express Passes for Universal Studios Japan – and as a result while we still had fun we definitely regretted not realising that Express Passes existed – by the time we learned about them they were already sold out 🙁 On our second visit we were much better prepared and had a much better day out!
We also managed to do some things right!
- We really loved seeing the sumo wrestling and baseball while in Tokyo
- Getting off the beaten tourist track
- And many more great experiences, big and small!
We subsequently decided to start writing articles to help other people plan their trips to Japan as well as setting up the Japan Travel Planning Facebook Group which has grown immensely since it was initiated -and is a great way to help people plan their trips.
We look forward to helping you plan your trip to Japan! Among with hundreds of thousands of other happy group members, readers and subscribers 🙂 Please subscribe below to join our Facebook group and email list!
Anne and Tony
Join the Japan Travel Planning Facebook Group
You are also welcome to join our Japan Travel Planning Facebook Group – it is a great resource to enable you to ask questions about your upcoming trip to Japan!
Japan Travel Planning Dedicated Website
We also decided to set up a new dedicated website (this one!) – Japan Travel Planning – to help people to travel to Japan. We are progressively growing the articles on this site in parallel to other articles on Japan which are published on our Pretraveller website.
Japan Travel Planning Email List
We have also set up an email list to help people travel to Japan – subscribe below to receive our regular newsletter which includes travel planning information for Japan, latest deals as well as a selection of the most popular articles from the Facebook Group. You can also receive additional emails to help you plan your trip to Japan, as well as our pre-departure checklist to ensure you are ready to depart!